Wine and Food Events in Rioja Alavesa
Several events are held throughout the year in the district to appreciate the products of Rioja Alavesa and the Basque Country. At these events, you can try the district’s two most important products: wine and olive oil. With a difference, surrounded by a unique landscape, at surprising venues, listening to captivating music, under the guidance of expert winemakers...
Enjoy the wine festivities and events in Rioja Alavesa. A great pleasure.
- Try the wines from the new harvest at the Uztaberri Eguna, which is held every year in Lapuebla de Labarca in February.
- Enjoy a visit to an olive oil press and learn how Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made in Rioja Alavesa. Try it and pair it with other local products at the Rioja Alavesa Olive Oil Fair, which pays tribute to this traditional product in March.
- Delve into the history and culture of wine at the Navaridas Historic Wine Fair, which always invites a different wine producing country in April each year.
- At Easter, join the Wine Seminar in Elciego to discover the local wines with the assistance of local winemakers. Don’t forget to reserve your place at the tourist office!
- Get to know the wines from the various Labastida wineries at the Bodegas a Pie de Calle festival, organised each year in Labastida in June.
- Visit the small traditional underground cellars and try the various Rioja Alavesa wines during the Open Door Event at Salinillas de Buradon Wineries, in June.
- Attend the Sustainable Food and Wine Event Rioja Alavesa - Basque Country Around the Table in July. You can try unique Rioja Alavesa wines and km 0 products, Basque products at the show cooking stands and you may buy these precious products directly from the producers.
- Visit the historic winemaking neighbourhood in Baños de Ebro and make your way down to the town’s ancient caves where you can try their wines at the Wine Cellar Opening Event in Baños de Ebro in July.
- Pair wine and music at the Wine and Music Week in Elciego, which presents an activity-loaded programme every July that you can enjoy in Elciego and in the surrounding area.
- Visit the medieval town of Laguardia and try the pintxos prepared specifically for the Medieval Pintxos Contest held in August.
- Welcome the grape harvest at the Rioja Alavesa Harvest Festival held in a different town in the district every September.
- Attend the Young Wine Presentation Event in Elciego on the last Saturday of November to try the new wines from the latest harvest that have just been made.